Writing and research
Steve specialises in writing posts, articles, reports, books and whitepapers about the digital workplace which are well-researched, authoritative and written from a position of expertise. Many of these feature original research in the form of new case studies. Steve has written material for a number of consultancies and software vendors in the digital workplace, intranet and CMS space including DWG, Step Two, Content Formula, Jinfo, Simpplr, Sitemorse, Ayfie Group (VirtualWorks), DNN Software, Igloo Software and Elcom.
Steve holds the position of Research and Knowledge Lead at DWG and also co-ordinates and writes the showcase report for Step Two's Intranet & Digital Workplace Awards. Steve has also edited each edition of ClearBox Consulting's SharePoint-in--a-box report.
Steve also does general copy editing including writing whitepapers for professional services firms and providing the text for several books for Dorling Kindersley (Penguin Group).
Key works and activities include:
- Multiple reports for DWG members and the public covering intranets, the digital workplace, enterprise mobility, social and collaborative technologies and more.
- Multiple reports for Step Two including eight years of the Intranet & Digital Workplace Awards plus reports on SharePoint and enterprise mobility
- Multiple blog posts for DWG members and on the DWG website
- Multiple articles for Step Two on intranet and digital workplace best practices
- Many articles and numerous whitepapers for consultancies and software vendors mentioned above
- Co-author of “Getting Results from Crowds: the definitive guide to using crowdsourcing to grow your business” with Ross Dawson
- Researcher and extensive contributor to “The Digital Workplace” by Paul Miller and “The Digital Renaissance of Work” by Paul Miller and Elizabeth Marsh
- Best practice papers on social media for lawyers for a global legal network
- Article on social intranet best practices for the internal employee newspaper of a global packaging company
- Over a decade of writing content for Dorling Kindersley Licensing division
- Writing a whitepaper on the automotive industry for a leading UK law firm
- Part of a website editorial team for new website for a major global law firm
For more information please contact us.