The deployment of technology in the workplace keeps on changing. Social, mobile, the cloud, big data. Internal digital channels can be highly effective in improving processes, engaging employees and enabling new ways of working.
But in many cases the outcome is underwhelming and adoption is low. Organisations find themselves behind their competitors in getting ready for the future of work.
We deliver insights on topics such as intranets, collaboration, the digital workplace, enterprises social networks, crowdsourcing and knowledge management through consulting and advisory services as well as writing and research.
Consulting and advisory
We advise clients on strategies, tactics and best practices for deploying and improving intranets, HR portals, social networks and collaboration platforms. We help to define and articulate digital strategies, provide insights for workshops and away days, supply ad hoc advice and also undertake project work. We also project-lead digital projects, including corporate websites.
Our clients include some very well known large global brands (mainly through the Digital Workplace Group), professional practices (including top 50 law firms and top 10 accounting firm) and also smaller companies in various sectors. Our clients are based in the UK, Europe and North America.
Through the Digital Workplace Group we also carry out benchmarking evaluations of intranets and digital workplaces.
Key projects include:
- Working on the requirements for an extranet-based custom task management tool for a top 50 law firm
- A CMS evaluation for a top 50 law firm for their corproate website and intranet.
- Project managing two customer-facing website projects for a top 50 law firm.
- A knowledge management strategy for a UK-based charity.
- Writing the RFP for a new corporate digital presence for a top 50 law firm
- A review of intranet team sizes and related governance structures for a FTSE 100 company
- A review of intranet best practices and relevant examples for a US Fortune top 50 company
- Providing insights into digital work for the away day for a UK top 50 law firm
- A review of the risks of various different file-sharing tools for a professional association
- A Knowledge Management review for a small media firm with subsequent software recommendation
- Definition of a strategy for the refresh of a law firm website and business lead on the subsequent project
- Researching pricing strategies for a management learning platform provided by a niche HR consultancy
- Running training workshops on intranet strategy (with Chris Tubb)
- Leading webinars on intranet strategy (for DNN software)
For more information please contact us.
Writing and research
We specialise in writing posts, articles, reports, books and whitepapers about digital working which are well-researched, authoritative and written from a position of expertise. Many of these feature original research in the form of new case studies. We also carry out some limited professional writing which is not about digital work mainly for Dorling Kindersley (Penguin Group).
A considerable amount of our research and writing work is carried out for DWG and Step Two. Steve holds the position of Research and Knowledge Lead at DWG and also c0-ordinates and writes the annual report of the Intranet Innovation Awards for Step Two.
Key works and activities include:
- Multiple reports for DWG members including “Digital Workplace Fundamentals”, “Change management for the intranet and digital workplace”, “Intrranet strategy and governance”, “HR intranets – a good practice guide” , “The art of collaboration” and “Success for enterprise mobile”
- Multiple reports for Step Two including seven years of the Intranet & Digital Workplace Awards plus reports on SharePoint and enterprise mobility
- Co-author of “Getting Results from Crowds: the definitive guide to using crowdsourcing to grow your business” with Ross Dawson
- Researcher and extensive contributor to “The Digital Workplace” by Paul Miller and “The Digital Renaissance of Work” by Paul Miller and Elizabeth Marsh
- Best practice papers on social media for lawyers for a global legal network
- Article on social intranet best practices for the internal newspaper of a global packaging company
- Whitepapers and expert blog content for a number of intranet and digital workplace vendors
- Extensive articles and blog writing for various different outlets
- Various knowledge management and research activities for DWG
For more information please contact us.